This is the first interview for the interview series I introduced last month. I was privileged to interview successful blogger Jay Colby who shared with me what he did to be were he is today as a blogger. I hope this interview is as inspiring to you as it was for me.
1.Can you tell us a little about yourself?
– I’m a recent college graduate, writer and life coach. My two passion in life is writing and helping people.
2. What inspired you to start blogging?
– To be honest I started blogging, because I just wanted to try something new and I end up finding my passion.
3. How would you describe your blog?, As a blogger what do you give to your readers that makes them to keep coming back?
–I would describe my blog as a place where the reader can learn, get inspired and read thought-provoking topics that we will entice them to keep coming back.
4. How do you get your inspiration to write?
-I absolutely love writing and expressing my opinion. Also, knowing that my writing helps people get through the tough times in life.
5. What do you find most challenging blogging about your topic?
-Coming up with topics that take a deeper look at subject matters that majority of people don’t think about.
6. Have your blog opened opportunities for you?
-Yes, I gotten the opportunity to become a regular contributor to various number of publications.
7. What’s your blogging strategy?
- To always be true to myself and put out quality content.
8. What do you prioritize? SEO? Content? Readers?
-I prioritize content and readers. I want to give my readers the best content I can.
9.What’s the best thing a blogger can give to his readers?
- There unique perspective on any subject matter the blogger wants to write about.
10. What networking do you do that you feel helps your blog grow?
-I’m always reaching out to other bloggers to build connections. Also, going to blogging events in my state.
11. How long have you been blogging?
-About a year and Nine months.
12. How many followers do you have?,How were you able to achieve your success as a blogger?
-I have about 5,930 followers and growing every day. I would say my success comes from not giving up, because when I first started blogging I only had maybe 150 views in my first six months of blogging.
13. How do you manage time to run your blog efficiently?, Are you a full time blogger or is it just a hobby?
– I manage my time with an editorial calendar to keep up with my writing schedule. No I am definitely a part-time blogger, but I would love to be full-time one day.
14. Have you had times were life situations prompted the thought to stop blogging?
-No I never had a situation to where I thought about stopping blogging.
15.What was your greatest failure as a blogger if any and what you learnt from it?
-When I first started blogging I didn’t understand that you have to actually market your blog to gain an audience.
16. Tell me about your greatest achievements as a blogger?
- My achievement would have to be when people tell me how much my blog helps them in their daily life.
17. How do you stay motivated to keep the blog up and going?
-I’m motivated by the readers I truly appreciate every single person who has ever read my blog.
18. What do you do in your spare time ? How active are you on a weekly basis?
-My spare time is somewhat rare since I have two jobs plus my blog and entrepreneurial endeavors. However, I love to work out and play basketball.
19. Did you have any professional help or did you create the blog yourself?
-No I did it all myself.
20. Do you make money from your blog? And How?
-Yes, I monetize my site through various ways, but mainly through ads.
21. A lot of people think that blogging is an easy way to make money online. Do you have some tips for those people who are interested in making money from their blog?
-Build your audience first then research ways to make money that works for you and your blog.
22. In the future Where do you hope your blog will take you?-I believe it will allow me to reach more people and be a positive outlet to the world.
23. Would you encourage other people to go into blogging? Why?
-Yes, blogging is a great way to express yourself and share your thoughts on any topic you want to.
24. If someone was interested in blogging, what would be the few things you would suggest?
-Do your research on blogging, always stay true to yourself regardless of what others might say and quality is always better than quantity.
25. What do you have to say to other bloggers just starting out and hope to make it big?
-Always be yourself and never give up on your dream.
Visit www.jaycolby.com connect with him and check out his publications.
Thanks for reading
Like,comment and share. If you have any question feel free to ask.
If you would like to be interviewed or guest post here, send me an email – email@example.com